Will I stop short and fall to the ground?

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Check out this masterful Dispatch song.


It has been my 'go-to' song the past week or so.

Today was a good day... Just a real simple day, you know? One of those days that you might think is 'wasted', if you look at what you could have accomplished. But, one of those days that everything you did do was full of grace and the Spirit. A rearrangement of my room has been completed with a new setup that I had seen in my head for a while, but only just now has been seen to fruition.

I had my first bible study of the new year with my 8th grade dudes, Tommy, Ben, and Tyler. It was good as always; I gave a lesson on freedom in Christ, deriving from Galatians 5 and Romans 7:15-25. After delving into that, I challenged them to produce a list of kids that need to be at our Spring Weekend. At first, it was like pulling teeth, but they slowly began to open their eyes to people that they might not have unless the Spirit had led them. So now I have a list of names to pray over, which is really sweet.

For the first time since I started leading, I am coming out of a break feeling incredibly ready to do the 'hard things': constant prayer, chasing kids, pursuing my teammates. Those things that are the most rewarding, for they give not only results, but immeasurable joy in Christ.

I'm also incredibly ready for these guys:

0 comments:

Post a Comment