Where you are is where I belong

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Dave Matthews touched me this time


Why is this song so good? Because it describes what I feel in Christ.

I do know
that where you go
is where I wanna be

Dave doesn't know the Lord, but he knows parts of Him, like I believe the entire world does. Humanitarian aid that isn't given by people who know the Lord, isn't any less good in my opinion. It's Love. The simplest of things that Man understands is Love. But Love, in itself, is unexplainable.

The kid that is a hellion, who spends countless hours disobeying his parents, who does nothing good for himself, or his parents, is none the less still Loved by his parents. 

The simplest example of this is the story of the Prodigal Son, which I am sure most of you know; Son asks Dad for his inheritance before Dad's death, Dad gives it freely, Son leaves Dad and squanders wealth in worldly living, and after having to work with pigs as a Jew, and having nothing to even eat, the Son decides to hire himself out to his Dad.

Love comes into the story here. As the Son just peaks over the horizon, his head looking at the ground in disgrace and his tail between his legs, the betrayed Dad cares not for his own image, but runs to his Son, whom he gives the best of what he has: A robe, sandals, and a ring, and then holds a celebratory feast for his son 'who once was lost, but now is found'.

I give this statement for consideration: Every act of Love gives glory to God.
From Bono giving money and time to help AIDS Victims in Africa
to a father accepting his son for who he is
to a man taking a bullet for his best friend
to a Man giving his life for Mankind's redemption

Praise and Glory be to Christ forever and ever
Amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment