Mother We Just Can't Get Enough

Monday, January 12, 2009

Oh, New Radicals, how you remind me of a simpler time


Of Killer Instinct and Tang
Of being content spending hours outside, running through the woods
Of being 10 years old again

I just finished the third book of the Jedi Academy Trilogy, and am content in having finished it. I love reading such books; books that have nostalgic quality to them. For some, those books are Lord of the Rings, or the Chronicles of Narnia. For me, it's reliving the lives of Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Chewbecca, and of course Lando Calrissian. 


I guess one plus of my nostalgia is that there are continually more and more books that bring me back to that galaxy far, far away. Narnians have 9 books, and the dwellers of Middle Earth are stuck with no more than 6 that I can count, though I might be wrong. But that doesn't compare to the hundreds of Star Wars novels, that bring to life my beloved friends from long, long ago.

Well, in the realm of the rest of life, the Steelers won yesterday, convincingly. Tech beat UVA in basketball, and school starts back up in a week. I'm doing some Algebra II tutoring, which is really funny, because I haven't taken a math course in two and a half years, much less Algebra, which I last took in 9th grade, six years ago.

Spring Weekend is in a month and a half, so prayer for such an event is always appreciated. We are hoping that the Lord will do amazing things, bring as many as 100 kids from Blacksburg Middle School to Rockbridge, which would be amazing. I'm starting to call kids this week about camp, so be ready for Brandon with a sick mullet if this 100 happens.


0 comments:

Post a Comment