Missing the Rains

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Currently, I am listening to Toto's hit single "Africa", my current ringtone, and one of my favorite songs of all time. A ministry goal with this song is to use it as an entrance song for a run-on...

I went up to New Laundry right before the rain began, and dropped off some towels from Entertainment Night, and had some good conversations with Diana and Lindsey. And then, it started...

As Toto sings, so do I miss the rains, though not in Africa...even as it rains as I write(so cheesy). I miss the 18 hour downpour at Lake Champion this summer. I miss hanging out with Allison, Jim, Chocklett, B Rose, and the rest of the lifeguards, watching the Lion King in the club room while the 16th hole of the Bear Frisbee golf course began overflow with water from the lake.

I miss waking up the next morning, and staring in awe of the sheer amount of water flowing below the Swing with Beard-o. At breakfast, raincoats dominate the backs of chairs, and we all laugh about the sheer amount of water that has fallen overnight. As we converse, Allison, Sara, and Chocklett stroll in, freezing cold. They had just gotten back from canoe breakfast.

This single storm, during the last few days of our time together, dominates my memories of the month. It's amazing how God can remind you of some of your greatest memories, through the worst of a situation.

I really don't have much else outside of this thought... "We Wish You a Merry Willard" Christmas Party is tonight... and Narnia is currently on...

0 comments:

Post a Comment