Commencement

Thursday, December 11, 2008

What is going to come of this blog that I just created? 


What monster have I created? 

I come to cyberspace to present what little I truly have to offer, thought sequences. I, as my fellow Willardites will attest to, am a thinker. I ponder things, ask questions, and generally am not satisfied unless I find an answer. But, by the Grace given by Jesus Christ, I have been given a gift of knowledge, and with it what I call thought sequences.

A thought sequence is a sort of revelation that Christ gives me into his Glory, and something that I feel His presence in. As my friend Kyle says, and I agree with: "There's no such thing as coincidence." Every thought sequence is there on purpose, and I want a place to dialogue them, and perhaps share them with a few friends. These thought sequences generally deal with how to live a life worthy of the Lord, something that I long for.

Also, the other thing I come to offer are witty remarks regarding the world of football, collegiate and professional. Currently a student at Virginia Tech, and a life-long Steelers fan, I have a deep fondness of America's Game, something that everyone who knows me can tell you. 

Here is where I am at right now:

I am currently struggling with living in the sin (pride in my gifts) that Christ has already cast off. Though I might be dead to it, I still wish to live in it. I beg for Christ to help me break this veil of self-reliance, and I beg for prayers from friends as well. 

I have a discipleship kid(one of my Wyldlife guys), who has blossomed this semester, but still struggles doing things that he is also dead to. I love this kid very much, and need the Lord to guide me in how to approach him in a loving way. Once again, prayer for this would be fantastic.

So, ladies(?) and gentlemen(Chad?), I conclude my first post with a quote that has been posted above my desk all semester.

"Just Men depend on the grace of God rather than on their own wisdom in keeping their resolutions." - Thomas A' Kempis 

I pray that He will be the reason

0 comments:

Post a Comment