Take Two

Monday, December 29, 2008

A few days ago, I began my second wave of break reading, having finished the previously mentioned The Power of Myth, but also Brennan Manning's masterpiece, The Ragamuffin Gospel. Simply put, Manning opens his heart in the book, revealing the true essence of Christ: Love and Grace. The book really can't be summed up in thoughts, like Myth, but it is a magnificent piece of work that gives glory to the Lord. I highly recommend it.

I have begun the second wave with two books that I look forward to reading. The first book is one that is not necessarily spiritually relevant, but one that I believe to be important for my political life. Barack Obama's autobiography, Dreams from My Father, has thus far been an easy read, and an interesting one. It's nice to know that the future Commander in Chief grew up no different then I did, to be honest.

The second book that I am working through is Rob Bell's new book, Jesus Wants to Save Christians. Rob Bell, author of Velvet Elvis and Sex God, gives a "manifesto to the church in exile". From the first chapter, what I can gather is that we are back in bondage, due to our ignorance to what God's Will is... More on this later

Now, to football, something I've neglected in this blog.

To start, the ACC has had some crappy luck in bowl games thus far. The 3 games we have lost, have been by 1, 6, and 7. The final two games, Rutgers - NC State and Miami - California, were lost in the final quarter, with backup quarterbacks playing. Utterly disappointing game by UNC, they should have won. So, this bowl season is shaping up to do the ACC no better then last year.

NFL: A few notes from this weekends actions.

I do not blame Tomlin for Rothelisberger's injury, he did what was best for the team: keeping them fresh due to a bye week.

Next, Bill Cowher's fate. I can't imagine him on another sideline, but I have to except it will happen. However, I do not believe it's going to be in the AFC North, for the Browns OR the Bengals (Sorry, Chad). Jets seem to be a good fit, but I don't know if it is going to be this year.

Lions: I'm proud of you, you've done what no other team has ever done, even my own blunder steelers during the 80's and pre 70's era. I wish you the best. I do love you, so get your act together and make sure that Millen doesn't come withing 30 miles of city limits.

That's all I've got for tonight folks... Tomorrow, I'll be doing the same thing as every other day: Wake, QT, Read, Lunch, Read, Dinner, Fun Time, Sleep.

Man...I need a job

2 comments:

Chad said...

No Jets for Cowher. He's willing to pass and stay in broadcasting another year and return to coaching in 2010. Perfect timing for when Marvin Lewis is fired...

DMC said...

Your summary of your day is absolutely hilarious, and pretty accurate of us jobless wonders on break.

Post a Comment